November 26th, 2013
A few days ago, I received an email from a library user who I have never met. He eloquently described how the Cecil County Public Library has enriched his family’s life by bringing joy to their time together and how the library has played a valuable role in his life’s work. It is wonderful to be thanked for something you care about so deeply. And it certainly made me think of the many people and things I have to be thankful for. I’d like to give thanks for the people of the innovative and vibrant Cecil County Public Library.
- CCPL’s highly-skilled, hard-working staff and librarians provide services, classes and connections to resources for our community every day. The creative and educational programs presented for our patrons, from babies to teens to seniors are educational and informative. CCPL’s excellence in customer service is a model for any institution. Thank you!
- The Board of Trustees is a dedicated group of volunteers who are the governing body of the library. Their leadership is essential to the continued and future success of Cecil County Public Library. Thank you!
- Our Friends’ Groups are filled with tireless volunteers who raise money to benefit our libraries. These groups raise funds for projects outside the normal operating budget and are generally used for immediate project underwriting, such as the essential summer reading program for our children and teens. Their Gatsby Gala was in October and they are planning a Fashion Show in April. Thank you!
- The Cecil County Public Library Foundation (formerly the “Trust”) was founded in 1994 to raise funds for large-scale and long-term programs and projects that are also outside the library’s normal operating budget. The Foundation has provided public art in our Chesapeake and Perryville Branch Libraries and is planning a “speakers series” to continue to provide high-quality speakers, authors and lectures for the citizens of Cecil County. Thank you!
- All the citizens who donate their time and resources to help our library have a real and powerful positive impact. Thank you!
All these groups are comprised of dedicated volunteers and staff who are leaders and advocates on behalf of Cecil County Public Library. Their time and commitment to CCPL’s mission, “community and individual success for all,” is apparent in the success of our library system.
As we reflect on family and personal blessings over the holiday season, consider how innovative, vibrant and essential the Cecil County Public Library is in our communities and the great staff and community members who work so hard to make it happen every day.
What library service or program are you most thankful for?