About Cecil County Public Library
Cecil County Public Library is an award-winning educational institution that promotes individual and community success for citizens of all ages. CCPL opens doors of learning, understanding, and opportunity and adds value to the community through services and programs that go well beyond its engaging collection of books.
The library serves over 62,000 citizens with 7 branch locations, an outreach bookmobile, broadband, WiFi, and 24/7 website access.
CCPL delivers service to our community in many ways:
- Tech-savvy librarians connect citizens to educational, cultural, and career resources, including online courses, data and research, social media, and downloadable materials.
- Classes and activities for children and teens keep students growing and learning year-round.
- Early learning opportunities for parents and children ages birth to 5 build literacy skills and prepare young children for success in school.
- Award-winning small business services provide entrepreneurs with key resources, data, networks, and insights from highly-skilled business librarians. Watch how CCPL's vital business information grows the local economy.
- Gale Courses present life-long learning opportunities through online classes. Digital resources offer test and career preparation study guides and practice tests.
- Technology and life-skills classes and resources empower veterans to successfully transition to civilian life.
- High-quality cultural and educational programs inform and connect our citizens.
- Cecil County Public Library (CCPL) is a community leader and partner, collaborating with public and private organizations to achieve our mission.
- CCPL has a strong partnership with Cecil County Public Schools, exemplified by our innovative outreach programs to connect children of all income groups to CCPL summer learning programs.
- Working with the Cecil County Office of Economic Development, CCPL produced the video Beautiful Cecil County: Your Business Belongs Here.
- CCPL's genuine understanding of the community and its commitment to community needs has garnered recognition on the local, state and national stage:
- 2011: Cecil County Chamber of Commerce Non-Profit Partner in Business Award
- 2012: Maryland State Chamber Non-Profit Partner in Business Award
- 2013: Maryland Library Association President's Customer Service Award.
- 2014: National Medal Finalist: Institute of Museum and Library Services highest honor.
- 2015: National Medal Winner: Institute of Museum and Library Services highest honor.
Learn more by visiting any of our seven branches, subscribing to our electronic newsletter, the Library Link, joining our Friends or donating to the CCPL Foundation. Connect with us at www.cecil.ebranch.info or via Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
About Cecil County
Cecil County is located in the northeast corner of Maryland and offers unparalleled access to the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries. These waterways and the natural beauty of the county, including 15,000 acres of parkland, offer extraordinary quality of life in the Mid-Atlantic.
Predominantly a rural county of charming, water-oriented towns, as well as horse and produce farms, Cecil County's population is approximately 101,000. Proximity to Philadelphia, Baltimore, Newark and Wilmington provide easy access to metropolitan and suburban areas for work and recreation.
In addition to its agricultural roots, Cecil County is home to innovative and pioneering institutions. The Cecil County Public School system will open a new Cecil County School of Technology in August 2015 and was honored with the Maryland Teacher of the Year Award for 2012-13. Cecil College recently expanded with a new science and technology building and has forged partnerships with numerous universities and colleges in the tri-state area. Union Hospital has consistently won patient care awards and was recognized as the first hospital in Maryland to use produce from local farmers. W.L. Gore & Associates, named to the 2015 Fortune Magazine's "100 Best Places to Work," for the 18th straight year, has numerous campuses in the area. Other leading technology entities such as ATK and Terumo are also located in Cecil County.