Did you know you can download books and audio books from the comfort of home?
How to download materials from Maryland’s Public Libraries
- Click here which will take you to the Digital eLibrary. A list of supported PDA’s you may download to is available from the eLibrary’s home page.
- Select the item(s) you would like to checkout and add them to your Bookbag.
- When you are ready to check out your items select “Proceed to Checkout” in your Bookbag.
- If you have not already logged into your account, you will be asked for your library and library card number.
- You must have Adobe Reader for eBooks, Overdrive Audio Book or Windows Media Player on your computer. You may download these programs for free from the eLibrary site. Follow the instructions for download of the required program.
- For Mac users, with OverDrive Media Console for Mac, OverDrive MP3 Audiobooks can now be downloaded and enjoyed on Macs. The built-in Burn Wizard can be used to burn MP3 Audiobooks to CD, and the Transfer Wizard allows quick and easy transfer to Apple® devices.
- Check out periods are 14 days for eBooks and Audio books and the checkout period for video titles is 7 days. Each patron can check out four items in total from any of the formats.
- Items may not be renewed, but they may be checked out again which does not require a second download of the item.
- Select “Help” on the eLibrary homepage for more information about downloading material.
For further assistance please contact the Cecil County Public Library at 410-996-5600, ext. 481