The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Any Skill, and Living the Good Life
The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life by Timothy Ferriss is a unique experience. As the subtitle indicates, this "cookbook" has so much more than other cookbooks. It has very detailed technical cooking skills, tools of the trade, unique recipes and the narrative portion of the book is engaging and educational and can be applied to so many facets of life, in addition to culinary abilities.
Ferriss explores, explains, and applies a five-step plan of learning which includes:
1. Learning to learn by increasing your learning potential, called Meta-Learning.
2. Learning the techniques or building blocks of cooking, called The Domestic.
3. Developing self-sufficiency, called The Wild.
4. Discovering creativity and whimsy, called The Scientist.
5. Examining how the best in the world became the best, called The Pro.
This book is packed with information, self-improvement ideas, cooking lessons, and so much more. You will be entertained, amazed, challenged, and really glad you decided to peruse this book.
Recommended by Kristi Burr