- From anywhere on the Cecil County Public Library Web site, use the "catalog" search bar at the top right of the page to search for the item you want to place on hold.
- Locate the item in our catalog and click "place hold" on the right.
- Enter your library card number and Pin number, then click "Log in." If you don't know your pin number, please stop by any CCPL Branch. We cannot give pin numbers over the phone.
- Choose the library where you would like to pick up the item, then press "Place Hold" to finish.
- You can also manage your current holds by checking your account. From anywhere on the Cecil County Public Library web site, click "My Account" at the top of the page.
- When it is your turn for the item, you will be notified by a phone call or email.
Helpful tip: If you log in at the top right of the catalog using your library card number and pin, you can then place multiple holds and check your account without having to enter your information each time. Just remember to log out when you are finished.
We are happy to help you place or cancel holds. Call us at 410-996-5600 ext. 481 or email us!
If the Library does not own the item you want, you may request an Interlibrary Loan via the Statewide Marina system.