Book Buddy Program
- In this program a Book Buddy volunteer selects reading materials and takes them to a homebound or facility-bound Book Buddy patron. Items are checked out to the patron on a modified card which eliminates fines. Approximately every three weeks the books are exchanged. During a visit a volunteer spends time with the patron and a friendship is often formed.
- Materials in our library collection and other Maryland libraries are available. Books (regular and large print), audio books (tape and CD), and music CDs can be checked out. If there is a visual disability, the MD State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped will offer free use of tape recorders and tapes.
- If you would like to more information or want to volunteer, please call our volunteer coordinator at 410-996-5600 ext.167 or fill out the following application.
- At Story Circles, seniors participate in a small group discussion and reminiscing with a member of the volunteer staff. Story Circles will meet once a month at senior facilities including nursing and assisted living homes, adult day care facilities, and senior apartment complexes throughout Cecil County.
- If you are interested in volunteering for this program or would like more information, please contact our volunteer coordinator at 410-996-5600 ext. 167 or firstname.lastname@example.org.