We are an award-winning educational institution that promotes individual and community success for citizens of all ages. We open the doors of learning through services and programs that go well beyond our engaging collections of books and materials.
We serve over 64,500 active cardholders with 7 branch locations, a bookmobile, and 24/7 website access to digital resources, online courses, and downloadable content.
Over the next few years, we are designing and building a new library in North East that will serve citizens of all ages in the town and region. For more information and how to get involved in this exciting project, visit our North East Branch Library page.
We deliver service to our community in many ways:
- Librarians connect citizens to high-quality educational, cultural, and career resources.
- Events and classes for children and teens keep students growing and learning year-round.
- Early learning opportunities prepare children ages birth to 5 for success in school.
- Award-winning small business information center’s librarians provide entrepreneurs with key data, networks, and insights. Watch how CCPL's vital business information grows the local economy.
- Online classes such as Lynda.com and Gale Courses provide life-long learning opportunities to broaden knowledge and skills for work, education, and personal growth.
As a community leader and partner, we collaborate with public and private organizations to achieve our mission. For example, partnering with Cecil County Public Schools, we launched the innovative Student Virtual Library Card in January 2017.
Our deep understanding of and commitment to community needs has garnered recognition on the local, state, and national stage.
Learn more by stopping by any of our 7 branches, hopping aboard the Bookmobile, signing up for the e-newsletter, the Library Link, or exploring this website. To get involved with library advocacy, support of crucial programs like summer reading and fundraising for future projects like the new North East Library, visit the Friends Foundation.
About Cecil County
We are located in the northeast corner of Maryland. Cecil County offers spectacular access to the natural beauty of the head of the Chesapeake Bay through five rivers, the C&D Canal, and numerous water-oriented towns. Thousands of acres of parkland, preservation of agricultural heritage, and attractions for those interested in outdoors sportsmanship, wineries, equestrian events, and farm-to-table experiences all contribute to the extraordinary quality of life in the Mid-Atlantic.
Proximity to Philadelphia, Baltimore, Newark, and Wilmington provides easy access to metropolitan and suburban areas for work and recreation.