Cecil County Health Department: 410-996-5550 (English and Spanish Language Line)
Cecil County Health Department: Coronavirus page, updated every weekday
Cecil County Community Services: Food Referral Service: 410-996-0100, Option 3
Cecil County Public Schools: Free Lunch location and hours, updates from the Superintendent and access “At Home Connection”
Feed the Kids: If you are unable to get to a distribution site and are in need of delivery of a bagged lunch for your child, provided by CCPS, please click here to fill out a request form
Volunteer with Feed the Kids: Volunteers are needed to pick up bagged lunches from designated CCPS distribution sites and deliver to families who have self-referred and attested that they have a transportation barrier or hardship preventing them from getting to a distribution site to pick up meals for their child(ren). Volunteers are also needed to coordinate behind the scenes and manage pickup and delivery. For questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comcast Hotspots: No password necessary. Find a location.
Grocery Stores with Special Hours for At-Risk Populations
In all cases, we recommend contacting the store to double-check their hours.
- Walmart: Special shopping hours for seniors age 60 and older effective every Tuesday March 24-April 28. One hour before the store opens to the public. Store hours may be limited. North East location. Elkton location.
- Dollar General: Encouraging their stores to dedicate their first hour of operations to senior shoppers. You may want to contact the store to determine if they are participating. Find a Dollar General.
- Martins: Beginning Thursday, March 19, all MARTINS stores will open to service only customers who are age 60 and over from 6 AM-7 AM daily. Rising Sun location.
- Acme Markets: Acme has reserved 7 AM-9 AM, Monday - Friday as a time that our community's senior citizens and other at-risk populations, such as pregnant women or those with compromised immune systems, can shop with us. Elkton location.
- Redners: Redner's Markets is asking that the first hour and a half of daily operation (6 AM – 7:30 AM) be reserved exclusively for those that are at the highest risk for contracting Covid-19. This includes those that are elderly (60+), immune-compromised, considered to high health risk, and pregnant. Elkton location.
Governor's Executive Orders and Interpretive Guidance: links to the proclamations and orders issued by Governor Larry Hogan related to COVID-19, along with interpretive guidance from the Governor’s Office of Legal Counsel.
Maryland Department of Health: Maryland Coronavirus page
Maryland Small Business Resources: COVID-19 resources
Maryland Department of Aging: Senior Call Check Program: a free, opt-in, telephonic service to check on Maryland’s older residents, across the state. Call 866-50-CHECK or register online
Maryland Unites: Volunteer Opportunities throughout Maryland
Maryland Access to Justice Commission: information for navigating the civil justice system
Maryland Department of Health: recovery and wellness support resources
Maryland Health Connection: Special enrollment for those without health care.
Kids In Safety Seats has created a new, remote way to assist parents with car seat questions and needs. We have established a schedule of Video Car Seat Assistance Programs where we guide a parent through the correct use and installation of their car seat, from the safety of their homes. Sign up for appointments via Facetime, Google Hangouts Meet, Zoom, and Skype.
Census 2020: Get Counted!