Libraries Changing the World
This video details a retired trauma surgeon's relationship with Cecil County Public Library, the vital business information the library provided and how library services inspired humanitarian efforts. Dr. Buckman and his wife were motivated by a library book, "Half the Sky" by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn, to help save lives of mothers and babies by creating a revolutionary model to teach C-section surgeries in third world countries.
- See "Half the Sky" by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn in our catalog
- Read about how Cecil County Public Library won an award from the Maryland Library Association for our innovative work with small businesses like Operative Experience, Inc.
- Learn more about Operative Experience, Inc.
- Get inspired with testimonials from other businesses that have benefitted from CCPL's Small Business Information Center
- Learn how we can help you start or grow your small business
- Get suggestions for other inspiring reads that deal with global issues
- Read an article from The Cecil Whig about the video and award