Teen Film Fest
About the 10th Annual Teen Film Fest
Lights! Camera! Action!
Join us for Cecil County Public Library’s 10th annual teen film festival! Submit an original film by March 22nd and attend the library’s version of the Academy Awards at the Elkton Central Library on March 28, 2019.
Who can enter?
Anyone in grades 6-12.
How long should my film run?
Films must be five minutes or less.
What should I submit and when?
Films and registration forms must be submitted to any CCPL Branch by 5PM on Friday, March 22nd.
What can I win?
- First Prize - $150 Visa card
- Second Prize - $100 Visa card
- Third Prize - $75 Visa card
- Editor's Choice Award - $50 Visa card
What kind of film can I make?
There is no theme, so get creative! If you need some inspiration, you could try one of these:
- Comedic skit
- Public service announcement
- Tour (town tour, school tour, etc.)
- Action film
- Music video
- Day in a life
- Audition tape
Are there any other guidelines?
- Films must meet PG rating requirements
- Videos must be filmed with an actual camera or use animation. Cell phone cameras are acceptable. No slideshows will be accepted.
- Films may not contain copyrighted material. Please use original music, audio, and images.
Do you need inspiration? Check out last year's winners...
1st Place - "Whistle" by Gage Forsmark
2nd Place - "A Dose of Reality" by Grace Buegel"
Editor's Choice - "Celestial's Peak" by Joshua Hornberger
Click here to see all of our wonderful entries!