The Library’s 3D printing services are available to Cecil County Public Library cardholders to provide access to new and emerging technologies, as well as to training and design resources. For those who would like to use CCPL 3D printing services but do not have a CCPL card, we encourage them to get one.
What type of 3D printing is available?
- We offer 3D printing with the Lulzbot Mini printer, using PLA filament (Polyactic Acid-derived from renewable plant-based starches). For more details, see our guidelines below.
- Tinkercad is a great resource for beginners
- Another great, free program is Blender
- 3D printing designs can also be downloaded from Thingiverse
- Log on to Lynda and search for 3D printing to see a variety of video courses
Library 3D Printing Guidelines
- 3D printing is a service for CCPL cardholders. For those who would like to use CCPL 3D printing services but do not have a CCPL card, we encourage them to get a card.
- All submitted prints must comply with CCPL’s 3D printing policy.
- Files are submitted online via our website.
- All files must be submitted in a .STL format. File size limit 20MB.
- All files must be designed to be less than 5” x 5” x 5”.
- Please note that in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not collect information from children under 13. Children under 13 wishing to submit a print will need their parent or legal guardian to do so for them.
PRINTING COSTS AND FEES
- The cost for prints is $0.25 per gram.
- We will email with an estimated cost before printing the file. Please note that this is an estimate and the actual cost may be more or less.
- If the patron does not pick up their print within 14 days, the cost of the print will be charged to their CCPL library account.
- We will email with an estimated print time (in days) before printing the file. Please note that this is an estimate and the actual print time may be more or less. Typical print times are 7-10 business days.
- Once the design is printed, we will email the patron to come pick up the print.
- Patrons must pick up prints within 14 days or the print will be discarded. The cost of the print will be charged to their CCPL library account.